This day in age, staying connected to my boys or our parents when we are apart is so incredibly important. I want to know that when our oldest is at Taekwondo, at a friends house or staying with his grandparents for the weekend that he has a safe and easy way to get in touch with me. My son being a tween also means he is forever trying to swipe my smartphone to text family, take photos, email or call Papa. He is more than ready and able to have his own phone. Net10 Wireless has recently introduced their new Family Plan with fabulous easy to use smartphones for the whole family. The Net10 Wireless family plan is by far the most frugal option for getting the family connected with smartphones. We have been thinking about getting the family plan for our parents as well, as they are getting older and need an affordable, easy to use plan and smartphone.
With the new Family Plans, Net10 Wireless can benefit families in a number of ways:
- Net10′s family plans are available for up to four users.
- Options include two lines for $90 per month, three lines for $130 per month and four lines for $170 per month. (The first line is $50 for unlimited data, text and talk; each additional line is just $40.)
- Unlimited nationwide calling, messaging, Web access (for feature phones and smartphones) and calls to 411.
- NO monthly bills or hidden fees, NO credit checks, NO cancellation fees or contracts
- NO age limit, NO activation charge, NO hidden fees
- Works with SMS, IM, social networks, email, web
- Pay as you go or get a monthly plan.
- International plan available for calling to Mexico and over 1000 destinations
- Use any compatible or unlocked GSM phone – including smart phones
- Never, ever pay more than the minutes and data you use.
Now a little about the phones…
The greatest advantage to the phones is the amount of money you will save. For a low cost smartphone, these phones have all of the bells and whistles one needs or wants, including Androids!
Our family has been trying out two phones,the LG800G and the LG Optimus Net.
The LG 800G is a smooth, rounded phone with very basic touch-screen. A 2.8-inch, a 2-megapixel camera with flash, Bluetooth, video and a music player. This phone also allows you to download all of the social apps necessary to keep in touch and connected with family and friends.
The LG Optimus Net is an Android-powered, prepaid smartphone. It has a 3.2-inch, 480-by-320 touch screen, supports almost all of the 400,000 Android apps available. A 3.2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, a MicroSD memory card slot, music and video player.
These phones run on the best networks such as Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. so you get decent data speeds and are available at 90,000 locations across the USA, including Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Family Dollar, K-Mart, Radio Shack and CVS stores.